No matter the season, you can show off a gorgeous glow all year round with a professional airbrush tan from iLLustria Salon. As Milwaukee’s go-to tan specialists, we make it simple to achieve a perfect golden tan without the damaging effects of the sun.
We utilize the very best in tanning solutions from Fake Bake, leaders in the spray tan industry. They have created a special formula that contains botanically-extracted ingredients and no preservatives. The ingredients in their solution will moisturize, hydrate and protect your skin without clogging the pores or causing irritation. In addition, Fake Bake’s high-quality formula will not streak or turn your skin orange or yellow.
|Single Session (Full Body)||$39+|
|Single Session (Half Body)||$20+|
|3 Tans (Receive a promo bag!)||$100+|
|5 Tans (Receive a choice of take home tanning products!)||$175+|
|8 Tans (Receive an ultimate promo bag)||$260+|
What should you do before your appointment? Should you swim right after your session? We have the answers along with tips for making your gorgeous bronze glow last as long as possible. Check out our best sunless tanning tips.
Whether you are seeking a light, sun-kissed look or a tropical goddess glow, our botanically based, organic color Milwaukee spray tan is the perfect choice for everyone. Forget baking in the sun for hours — enjoy the flawless look of a professional airbrush tan!
How to you ensure the best tanning results? We suggest following the helpful tips below to make sure that your spray tan stays beautiful and rich long after your appointment at our salon.
BEFORE YOUR TAN APPOINTMENT:
- Shower and exfoliate. Exfoliating dead, dry skin is a key factor in making sure that your tan lasts as long as possible.
- If you plan to shave or wax any area of your body, we advise doing this BEFORE your tan appointment. Waxing appointments can be scheduled at our salon one or two days prior to your tan session.
- Do NOT apply any body lotions or oils to your skin as these can affect how the tanning solution adheres to your skin
- Do NOT apply any make up or facial lotions to your face
- Do NOT wear earrings, necklaces, watches, or other type of jewelry to your tanning session
- Wear or bring a dark colored bathing suit or under clothing to wear during the spray tanning session. These items can be removed after your appointment and laundered separately from other clothing when you return home.
- Wear loose, dark colored clothing and sandals to your tanning session.
AFTER YOUR TANNING SESSION:
- Your session should last between 15 and 30 minutes as your tan is professionally airbrushed onto your skin
- Your tan will intensify and darken with in 3-4 hours after your session.
- After your appointment, wear loose fitting clothing, and avoid contact with suede, wool, nylon, and silk fabrics the day of your tanning session.
- Avoid sitting on light colored furniture until the day after your tan.
- Do NOT shower, swim or get wet until the day following your tanning session.
- Do not be alarmed if you experience some color washing off in your initial shower. This is excess bronzer and it is expected to happen.
- Your tan is expected to last about a week. For darker, longer lasting results, you can get a spray tan twice with in the first week to create a solid ‘base’ for your tan.
- Moisturize daily to keep your skin hydrated.
- To get the most out of your tan, do not use exfoliating scrubs. Gentle cleansers are great, but harsh soaps and beauty supplies may reduce the length of your tan.
For additional information and tips, contact one of the spray tan specialists at iLLustria, home of Milwaukee’s best spray tan! Our high quality, long-lasting organic formula is guaranteed to give you beautiful results with no harsh odor and NO orange side effects. Make an appointment today!
Our Milwaukee salon guests often have questions about our line of airbrush tan products, how long their color will last, and what they should wear to their appointment. Find out what makes our Fake Bake organic airbrush formula better than other sunless tanning products on the market.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ABOUT OUR MILWAUKEE SPRAY TAN SERVICES
Will a spray tan stain my clothing?
No. This is one of the benefits of an organic color pigment. Because our color pigment is botanically based and not a dye, it will not permanently stain your clothing and will wash out of any synthetic material. In laboratory tests, tanning solutions on fabric were easier to remove than make-up and no pre-laundering treatments were required for removal.
Will a spray tan give me sun protection?
Our spray tan formulas do not contain any levels of sunscreen or sunblock. You will need to apply an appropriate level of sunscreen before spending the day in the sun. Your tan will not protect you from sunburn.
Can I swim after receiving a spray tan?
We recommend waiting at least 48 hours before you swim in the pool or the ocean. For best results, do not swim immediately after getting your tan. Chlorine from the pool can cause your color to slightly fade.
How long will my color last?
Our formula is designed to give long-lasting results. Normally, a tan will last for about a week with proper care and maintenance. If you exfoliate your skin prior to your appointment and if you moisturize each day after your appointment, you will experience longer lasting results. You can deepen your tan by applying more of the tanning product after your first layer of color.
Will my tan wash off?
Just like a tan from the sun, our spray tan will not wash off because of its new breakthrough formulation. It will gradually fade just as any suntan does, which is why a weekly application is recommended to maintain your tan. Do not be alarmed if you experience some color washing off in your initial shower. This is excess bronzer and it is expected to happen. We do recommend, however, that you wait until the day after your tanning appointment to shower so that your tan will have adequate time to develop.
Can I get a spray tan and then tan in the sun or tanning bed?
We discovered using a spray tan along with the sun or with a tanning bed actually accelerates the process. Stimulating the dark pigment of the skin, known as Melanin, accelerates any form of sun tanning. Our Milwaukee clients who wish to combine a spray tan with an additional sun tanning regimen will see quicker and more satisfying results than ever before. We do recommend the use of sunscreen or sun block when tanning in the sun to protect against burning and harmful radiation.
Are the tanning formula ingredients safe?
A spray tan is much safer for your skin that exposure to the sun for long hours. The active ingredient in our tanning solution is dihydroxyacetone (DHA). DHA is an ingredient derived from sugar cane and beets, which reacts with the amino acids in the skin to create the darkening reaction or tan.DHA does not produce a “real tan” by increasing the skin’s melanin levels; it creates a bronzing effect by changing the color of the surface of the skin.
Our tanning solution is an organically based product that ensures a safe tan and promotes healthy skin. There is no animal testing because our product contains no harmful ingredients that would have required extensive animal testing.
Can the tanning formula be applied to my face?
Yes. Our formula has been dermatologist tested and is safe for your face as well as your entire body.
How long will it take my tan to dry?
Because the level of moisture in each skin type varies, drying time will also vary slightly. In general, we have found that 20 minutes is sufficient time for your skin to dry after application. Many of our Milwaukee spray tan clients choose to schedule their appointment several hours before going to bed to ensure that the product has dried completely.
Visit iLLustria Salon for the best spray tan in Milwaukee!