Our Milwaukee hair extensions are an exceptional way to add volume, length and style to your hair. Now it’s easier than ever to have the hair of your dreams. With a fabulous selection of colors, lengths, textures and attachment methods, you can have a completely customized look designed just for you! Your hair can blend with your existing hair color or your can achieve dramatic effects with contrasting colors and hues.
How do you take care of hair extensions so that they will look gorgeous long after your salon appointment? Follow these tips :
Tips for Shampoo & Conditioning:
- If your hair will allow, it is best to shampoo hair extensions every other day instead of shampooing daily.
- Before shampooing, use a wide tooth comb or a special brush made specifically for hair extensions (such as a loop brush) to gently and carefully remove tangles from your extensions. Start at the ends and gently work your way up, brushing or combing in a downward motion.
- Use a mild, gentle shampoo. Over the counter shampoos should be avoided as well as shampoos with harsh lathering ingredients. Choose a sulfate free shampoo if possible. Shampoo with your head tilted backwards under the shower so that the water can run down the length of the extensions. Avoid using vigorous rubbing or scrubbing motions which can cause tangles. When conditioning, avoid the scalp area and just condition the hair from the midshaft down rather than the scalp. When rinsing, be sure that all the shampoo and conditioner residues are washed out.
- Even though hair extensions are real human hair, they do not receive nourishment from the scalp like your normal hair. Keeping your extensions moisturized is key. Leave in conditioners are great for hair extensions. A leave in conditioner can be applied after shampooing and will add protection and a healthy dose of hydration each day. Especially concentrate on the ends.
Tips For Styling:
- Check the ingredients of your styling products and avoid those containing alcohol. Alcohol can be very drying to the hair and it can also lead to tangling. Styling products can also create build up on the hair. If your hair has been exposed to large amounts of gel, mousse or hair spray, then use a gentle clarifying shampoo once or twice a month to remove build-up and residue.
- Heat should be used carefully on your hair. High heat, over drying, and excessive use of irons can shorten the life span of your hair. If possible, limit the use of blow dryers, flat irons and curling irons as well as heat rollers. If you want to curl your hair, try steam rollers instead of curling irons.
- For flat irons, use an ionic ceramic iron if possible. It is best to use a flat iron that has a temperature gauge. Test a section of your hair and set the temperature gauge at the lowest setting that will still provide good straightening results. Before you start, brush your hair well, divide it into sections, and spray each section with a thermal protection spray before you use the flat iron.
When You Sleep:
- When you sleep, there are several methods that you can use to keep your hair extensions from tangling. Extensions can be braided or secured into a very loose ponytail so that they will stay nice and neat while you sleep. Never go to bed with your hair damp. You can also wrap your hair with a satin scarf or use a satin sleep cap or a satin pillow case to prevent friction.
Visit iLLustria Hair Salon for the best hair extensions in Milwaukee!