Your wedding day should be a day of celebration and joy, not a day of stress. The wedding hair and makeup specialists at our Milwaukee hair salon will help you plan all the details for a stunning bridal style and flawless makeup. Follow our step-by-step plan below.
3 Months Before Your Wedding
- Schedule an initial consultation at ILLustria. Our wedding hair and makeup specialists are the best in Milwaukee! We will work together with you to plan a customized look for your hair and makeup that is uniquely all your own!
- Schedule a trial run appointment. A trial run should be planned at least 2 months in advance of your wedding day. This will allow our stylists to create a practice version of your wedding hair and makeup. A trial run is important as it will provide an opportunity to fine tune any details well in advance of your wedding day. Some brides plan their wedding portraits on the same day as their trial run appointments.
- Book appointments in advance for wedding hair and makeup services on your wedding day to ensure that our stylists are available on the actual date of your ceremony. Schedule appointments for the bride as well as for other members of your entourage, including bridesmaids, mother of the bride, mother of the groom, etc.
- Also book appointments for a manicure, pedicure and hair color or highlights.
4 to 6 Weeks Before the Wedding
- Visit our hair salon for your previously scheduled trial run hair and makeup appointment.
- Purchase gift certificates for your wedding party to thank them for their participation.
2 Weeks Before the Wedding
- This is the perfect time for a new hair color, highlights, or a color touch-up. You can also schedule an appointment for a deep conditioning or clear gloss treatment so that your hair will have amazing shine as you walk down the aisle. For several reasons, we do not recommend having your hair highlighted, colored, or cut immediately before your wedding day. Two weeks in advance is preferred in order to give your hair time to adjust to the new cut and color.
- The groom can also receive a haircut.
- If you plan to get a spray tan for your wedding, we suggest that you do a tanning trial run at least 2 or 3 weeks before your wedding day. Just like a trial run for wedding hair and makeup, scheduling a spray tan trial run will allow you to see the results in advance and plan for any adjustments that need to be made in order to guarantee the best results.
The Week Before the Wedding
- Have final eyebrow wax, leg wax, and bikini wax for super smooth skin.
- Plan for a beautiful bronze glow by having a spray tan 3 days prior to your wedding day. If you are also planning to receive waxing services such as a leg wax, eyebrow wax, etc., then schedule your waxing appointments BEFORE your tan. Otherwise, the waxing service may strip off some of your tan.
- Plan for beautiful feet and toes with a professional pedicure.
The Day Before the Wedding
- Make sure that your hands and fingertips look their best for the ring ceremony with a relaxing manicure. Add a paraffin hand treatment to keep your hands super smooth and silky. A manicure is also a wonderful treat for the groom!
- Make an appointment for a casual hairstyle for the rehearsal dinner. Add a professional makeup application so that your hair and makeup will look amazing for the entire evening.
Your Wedding Day
- Arrive at our hair salon for your appointment with dry hair. If you have a veil or hair accessories, remember to bring these to your appointment.
- Have your wedding hair style or bridal up-style created and make-up applied. Relax and enjoy yourself as our professionally trained staff adds the finishing touch before you walk down the aisle.
Call us today! From the trial run to the final day, the wedding hair experts at iLLustria Hair Salon in Milwaukee will ensure that your wedding journey is positively perfect.